Woman claimed she gagged on lump of insect in her can of coke

01_02001753_31088a_2718341a

Mum of three, Samantha Roach, 23, says she choked on an insect as she drank coke. She said she coughed it up before sending it to Trading Standards for lab tests.They found seven congealed ingredients including an insect, an “abundance” of black hairs, blue wool and white stones.

Trading Standards found seven congealed ingredients including an insect
Trading Standards found seven congealed ingredients including an insect

Traces of plastic, wood shavings and another lump covered in a “chemical” were also discovered.

The mum of three, who bought the multi-pack drink from her local Aldi in Cardiff, said: “The thought of that horrible gunk in my mouth is awful. I was sick for a week.”

There was no evidence of Coca-Cola on the object, the city council’s Trading Standards report stated. But a spokesman said it could not rule out that the specimen was in the can.

Sam insists there is no way anyone could have tampered with her drink.

She said: “I have a five-year-old daughter and it could have been her having a sip of the Coke. She could have choked on it.”

Coca-Cola yesterday said it was investigating, adding: “If the consumer wishes to return the product to us, we will conduct our own tests.”

Source: The Sun Uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *